Staff Application for Hieya2

Hieya2

1. Have you read, and comply with the Terms & conditions? Yes/no
Yes

2. Age (minimum 16):

3. In-game name:

Hieya2

4. What are you Applying for? (Eg: T-Mod, Mod, etc.)

Either admin or a mod position depending on the positions you have available or what you are looking for.

5. What is your Timezone?

EDT (Eastern daylight time) or GMT -4

6. Why do you want to be staff? (Motivations, why should we choose you amongst others):

The main reason I would like to be a staff member is to allow me to better help the others on the server. Answering questions and such in chat is always helpful but there are situations where a staff member is needed. There have been a few times where something happens either spam or griefing etc. and there is no staff online to remedy the issue or even look into it for awhile. Also I believe my time is rather different from most peoples as I think a majority of players seem to be based in the UK which would allow me to be on when others can not be. Iv'e really started to like the server and the community in it so far and i'd love to make it even better by having more of an ability to do so.

7. How much time do you have to contribute to the role?
It depends on the week really. The weekends are tough for me to get on due to work but during the week days I can contribute my time to the server. During the week, while not too much, most of the work I need to get done is on my computer so I spend quite a bit of time online. If your looking for a number though, I could be on for probably 15 to 20 hours during the week and sometimes even more.

8. Do you have a Microphone?

Yes I do. I have the Skullcandy PLYR 1 headset with mic attached. It ain't the best mic but it works and doesn't make unnecessary static or feedback. I have the HyperX Cloud Flight headset also with mic which I got as a gift although don't use much but can switch if necessary. Also if anyone reading this knows about mics i'm considering getting a blue yeti USB mic, I heard they are pretty good.

9. Do you have any past staff experience?

I'm assuming your referring to minecraft staff experience and the answer would be yes. I have been a mod on a server known as meepcraft quite a few years back. After that I co owned or managed a server known as Ihasthecraft for awhile as well. Most of my staff experience was awhile ago pre 1.8 minecraft and while there are certainly changes in the game and plugins now, the overall idea of managing or being a mod on a server I believe is relatively the same.

10. How would you deal with a hacker?

Well since hacking is against the rules, I would gather proof of whatever the hacker is doing, whether it be video or screenshots, and start with the appropriate punishment for whatever the hacker is doing. If it happens again or continues to happen I would move onto a more permanent solution. Of course if accepted as staff it can be handled a bit differently depending on the protocol you have set.

11. How would you deal with a spammer in chat?

I would start with a warning or 2 in the chat. If it continues, move onto a mute for awhile and then make the punishment worse until they stop. (By their own means or by my own if necessary.)

12. How would you handle a "difficult" player?

Well it would depend on what difficult means in this context. The best way to explain it I guess would be to take the necessary steps and actions to help them be less difficult. Which might require a ban or mute or maybe just talking to them.

13. Is there anything else we should know?

Not that I can think of but i'll add to this if I do think of anything.

14. Playtime on the server:

I believe roughly 40 - 50 hours. Not positive as the in game hour counter resets at 24 hours.